You can use console.log(myVar) or use the chrome DevTools debugger to see errors while running the test (add a debugger to the code).
Testim records console errors and network errors automatically. You can find it at the top of the screen.
If there are no console logs, the link to the test log will not be displayed.
Note: The test logs will only appear on remote run on Chrome browser.
When a step fails, we also take a complete DOM snapshot, so you can later debug.
Access the DOM through the failed step property panel:
- The DOM will only appear on Chrome browser runs.
- The DOM will only appear on failed steps.
In the properties panel you can see in each step all the parameters used during the run. These parameters can help you understand what happened in each step during the run.
- Incoming params: All incoming parameters that could be used in this step. Parameters can come from the exports in previous steps, from global exports carried out from previous tests in the suite, from data driven parameters, group / step parameters, etc.
- Local exports: Export parameters created in this step.
- Global exports: Global export parameters created in this step.
Updated 3 months ago