Learn how to create a test plan which comprises all your tests, setup & teardown tests and a list of configuration to run with
Test plans are great If you need to do:
- Set up your environment before your tests execute.
- Clean up your environment after your tests execute.
- Run your tests on several browsers and operating systems.
Create a new plan
- Navigate to "Automate", and then to "Plans" tab.
- Click "Create".
Edit your first plan
Add Name and Description to your plan.
Tests to run
- Test List: Add the main tests you want to run by choosing one of the labels you have.
- Setup: Check the "add before all" checkbox and add the setup tests you want to run, also by their label.
- Teardown: Check the "add after all" checkbox and add the teardown tests you want by their label.
- The tests in Test list WON'T be executed if one of the "before all" tests failed.
- The tests in "after all" will always run even if tests in Test list failed.
- The tests in "Before all" and "After all" will always run in parallel 1. Only the "Test List" can run higher parallel if it is set in the CLI.
Where to run:
- Choose the grid you would like to execute your tests on. read here how to set up your grid.
What to run on:
Override default configuration: Set which Browsers, Operating Systems, and resolutions to run your tests on. Choose from your list of configurations or set a new one.
If not checked, each test will run with its default configuration (created alongside the test).
- Override Start URL: Set the start URL of your web app (e.g. production or staging environment).
Running your Test Plan
In order to execute a test plan, you'll need to specify the plan name in your CLI command like this:
--test-plan "Test Plan Demo"
Note: If you add a different grid name to the CLI, it overrides the grid defined in the plan.
Share parameters between your test
When you use a plan you can share parameters between tests e.g. create an account in the setup and use those credentials throughout all tests.
You can read more on the exportsGlobal parameter in the parameter guide.
Run test plan directly from the editor
You can run your test plan locally directly from the editor. To run the test plan:
- Go to Test List --> Plans
- Select the plan/s you would like to run
- Click the play button
- If you have a CLI action in one of the tests, please make sure you have CLI running
Updated almost 2 years ago