Pixel Validation and Pixel Wait-for use a comparison tool that reports visual differences up to the pixel level or your app's Elements, Viewport and even entire Document. This functionality is provided as a service by Applitools and requires integration.
- Hover the arrow menu where you want to add your validation step.
- To add validation click ‘M’ ⇒ ‘Validations’
- Depending on the wanted scope of pixel comparison select either ‘Validate element pixels’, ‘Validate viewport pixels’ or ‘Validate document pixels’.
- If you selected ‘Validate element pixels’, select the element you want to validate from your app. The other 2 options don't require DOM selections.
Note - when changing the configuration of your test a new baseline will be created in Applitools but not in Testim. If you want a new baseline for each config please create different tests
- Hover the arrow menu where you want to add your wait-for step.
- To add validation click ‘M’ ⇒ ‘Wait for’ ⇒ ‘Wait for element pixel’
- Select the element you want to wait for from your app.
Since both Pixel Validation and Pixel Wait-for use Applitools for the pixel comparison, you'll need to use Applitools' app in order to view test run pixel details and in order to edit existing steps. In the next chapter, you'll find a list of useful resources to learn how to use the Applitools app.
If the step failed, double click the Pixel Validation/Wait-for step in the editor will redirect you to Applitools.
Testim supports the following match levels: Exact, Strict, Content, Layout. You can define the wanted match level in the pixel steps properties panel:
Users can also mark a region of your element / viewport / document and define it with a different match level.
For more information about Applitools Match Levels see the following doc:
Updated about a month ago