TTM for Jira Integration
Show Tests run results in your TTM for Jira project
What is TTM for Jira?
Tricentis Test Management (TTM) for Jira is an end-to-end test management inside Jira that keeps QA and development aligned, which allows you to collaborate and build quality into your software from idea to production.
TTM for Jira is in the Atlassian Marketplace, designed specifically for organizations who want to place test management directly within Jira. With TTM for Jira, QA, development, and the business can collaborate closely to deliver quality software together.
- To setup TTM for Jira please follow the instructions here.
- To view TTM for Jira documentation see here.
Why do I need a TTM for Jira integration?
The TTM for Jira integration allows you to link a test in Testim to a test case in TTM for Jira. After running the test in Testim, the test results will be automatically displayed in TTM for Jira execution results, giving you a single view of the tests that were executed in Testim and in TTM for Jira.
Setting up TTM for Jira Integration
Before using the TTM for Jira and Testim integration, you will need to connect Testim to the desired TTM for Jira project(s). This process is required only once.
To connect Testim to TTM for Jira:
- Go to Settings > Integrations tab. Under Test Management you will find various integration
- In the TTM for Jira integration module, click login.
- Open TTM for Jira and create an API key and copy it – see Configure Tricentis Test Management for Jira for more information.
- Paste it in the API Key field in Testim.
- In Testim, click Connect
- In Testim, select the TTM for Jira project(s) from the list that you would like to associate.
At this point Testim is associated to a project in TTM for Jira, but not mapped to a specific test.
You may connect one TMS (Test Management System) at a time. So, if your Testim system is already connected to another TMS, you will need to disconnect this TMS first and only then connect TTM for Jira. Note that by disconnecting the TMS, you will remove the connections between the tests. So, if you want to connect to the previous TMS again you will have to recreate the connections as well.
Mapping a test in Testim to a TTM for Jira test case
After setting up the integration between Testim and TTM for Jira, you are ready to map a specific test in Testim to a test in TTM for Jira.
To map a test in Testim to a test in TTM for Jira:
- In Testim, open the test that you would like to be mapped.
- Inside the test in Testim, click the Properties icon on the Setup step (the first step).
- In the setup step's Properties panel, under Test in TTM for Jira, select the TTM for Jira project from the first drop-down menu and then the specific test from the second drop-down menu. There can be multiple mapped test cases
- Click Test Save.
Running a test and viewing the Testim test results in TTM for Jira
To view the result of a test execution in TTM for Jira, you will need to run the mapped test in Testim using a Remote Grid only. After running a mapped test in Testim, the test result will be displayed in the relevant TTM for Jira relevant project under the ‘Test Execution’ tab (see here).
The names of Testim-originated test runs will use the following naming convention:
- “Testim.io <branchName> : <executionName>" or
- “Testim.io <branchName>” (If there is no execution name)
To view a test execution in TTM for Jira:
- Click on the relevant execution and get execution details (see here).
Upon Testim test run execution end
The following details are pushed from testim to TTM for Jira:
- Name - the name of the test in Testim.
- Status - the status of the execution. The status displayed is the TTM for Jira status, which was translated from the Testim status as follows (Testim > TTM for Jira):
|Testim||TTM for Jira|
|SKIPPED (When test is in "Quarantine" status)||Blocked|
Changing these statuses in TTM for JIRA may cause interruption in the integration
Mandatory custom fields in TTM for Jira are not supported. Making a custom field on TTM for Jira
mandatory may cause the integration to stop working.
Updated 3 months ago